CONCENTRATED LATEX ADDITIVE
MULTI LATEX is a milky white liquid additive for improving the waterproofing, adhesion and flexibility of mortars and concrete. Contains styrene and butadiene by high pressure emulsion polymerization. The microscopic particles of synthetic rubber are dispersed in an aqueous solution..
Concrete repair: Spalled concrete, repairing floors, beams and precast slabs.
Floor screeds: Waterproofing and adhesion enhancing properties to substrates. Underlay applications for vinyl and laminates. Effluent resistant screeds.
Wall rendering: Waterproofing, flexibility, frost resistance and adhesion onto substrates.
Water holding areas such as tanks, pits, water towers, basements, effluent tanks and swimming pools.
- Earlier hardening and greatly improved flexibility
- Tensile strength normally doubled
- Reduced shrinkage
- Good abrasion resistance
- Reduces bleeding
- Increased durability and toughness
- High resistance to water penetration
- Good resistance to many chemicals and to mineral oil
- Good resistance to frost attack Good resistance to salt permeation
- Excellent adhesion to steel and concrete
- Prolonged corrosion protection
- Similar thermal expansion and modulus properties to concrete (unlike resin mortars and primers)
- Non-toxic – can be used with potable water.
- Increases freeze I thaw resistance
Application: Mix with cement / water
Slurry Ratio (mass): 3 parts Cement, 1-part Multi Latex , 1-part Water
Standard Dose: 5L Multi Latex, Per 50kg Cement
High Chemical Exposure: 10L Multi Latex, Per 50kg Cement
Application Temp: 5 – 35°C
Colour : Milk White
- Always use fresh cement and a well-graded aggregate free of excessive fines.
- Keep mixing time to a minimum .
- Avoid using excess water.
- Never apply MULTI LATEX or concrete to a bonding slurry that has been allowed to dry out. Trowelling should proceed with the work. Do not over trowel and avoid re-trowelling. Protect from too rapid drying out prior to trowelling.
- Rapid Hardening Cement should be used in cold weather conditions.
- Exposure to intense lighting or direct sunlight will produce discolouration in time.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Surfaces should be clean, sound and free of deleterious substances. Remove all laitance, oil, grease, mould oil or curing compound from concrete surfaces using wire brush, bush hammer, scabbler or other plant as appropriate. Ensure that reinforcing steel is clean and free from grease or oil. Remove scale and rust. When repairing spalled or damaged concrete, ensure that the concrete has been cut back to thoroughly sound material.
Wet down absorbent surfaces such as concrete, brick, stone, etc. ensuring that they are saturated but free of surface water. Prepare a bonding slurry of 3 parts cement to 1-part MULTI LATEX and 1-part water mixed to a lump-free creamy consistency. Using a stiff brush, work the bonding slurry well into the damp surface ensuring that no pinholes are visible. Do not apply bonding slurry at thickness in excess of 2mm.
Mixing should preferably be carried out in an efficient concrete mixer. A pan type mixer is recommended. Hand batching is permissible when the total weight of the mix is less than 25kg. Charge the mixer with the required quantity of sand and cement and premix for approximately 1 minute. Pour in the desired quantity of MULTI LATEX and mix for maximum 2 minutes, to avoid excessive air entertainment. Finally add the water until the required consistency is achieved. Owing to the strong plasticizing properties of MULTI LATEX, rapid thinning can occur – avoid adding excessive water. Moisture cure for at least 1 day and then allow to dry out slowly.
Apply the bonding slurry to the prepared surface and then render immediately with MULTI LATEX modified mortars in coats to a maximum thickness of 6mm per coat, as greater thicknesses can lead to slumping. However, several coats can be applied in rapid succession usually within 15 to 30 minutes. Thicker coatings can be applied providing formwork is used. Close the surface using a wooden float or steel.
Clean all equipment immediately after use with water.
Supplied in 5L and 25L polycans.
Multi Construction Chemicals South Africa (PTY) Ltd production and testing programs comply with all local and international testing standards.
The information supplied is believed to be reliable. As we do not have any control over the processing or application of the product we cannot guarantee the results to be obtained.
Users assume all risks and liability resulting from the use of this product and must confirm suitability thereof by conducting their own tests.
No guarantee is expressed or implied. Liability to the replacement of faulty material.
FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY.